Re: [T3] spark plugs

On 9 Nov 98, at 13:27, Sonny8oy@aol.com wrote:

> just been replacing my spark plugs.
> well, 3 out of 4 anyway.
> this is the second time i have replaced them since i got the car.
> it appears that one spark plug is larger than the other three (#4).

It is most likely that what you have is a repair insert that has
stuck to one of your plugs and came out with the plug.  These solid
inserts are the standard repair, but I much prefer a Helicoil, as a
better, more permanent, repair.  Helicoils don't stick to the plugs.

You can take a pair of pliers and unscrew the insert from the old
plug and install it on the new one.  This will work quite a few
times, until those threads strip out.

BTW, The W in W8AP stands for 14mm thread, so all your PLUGS are the
same size.

Jim