Re: [T3] Slipping Clutch

GaryF=> How much is a clutch, pressure plate, and throw out bearing?
=> Where is the best place to get parts? Is this a job I can do over a
=> weekend? My book says to remove the engine - arrgh!

Refurbishing your clutch mechanism is indeed an engine-out procedure,
but it's the simplest one and a good introduction to just how easy it is
to drop your engine for service. An afternoon is plenty of time if you
have a helper and know where to find the bolts, what to disconnect, etc.

A full set -- pressure plate, disc, TO bearing -- of basic parts will
cost $60-75. A $2 clutch-alignment tool will simplify your life, as
well. High-performance parts are a lot more expensive, of course. Check
with your local FLAPS, this stuff is available just about anywhere. If
their price is too high, most any mail-order house will be cheaper.

Steven Ayres, Prescott AZ
'66 KGhia 1600