Re: [T3] Dot4, DoT5

On 2 Nov 98, at 8:36, Steven Ayres wrote:

> => I think they are pretty much the same, at least to the limits of our =>
> perception.
>
> Then from where do you think comes the idea that silicone feels
> different?

It DOES feel different, but that is because it is such a good
lubricant for rubber to metal.  Much of what we feel in the pedal has
to do with the friction between the MC seals (cups) and the cylinder
wall.  Almost all of that friction disappears when you switch to
silicone.

The problem is that everyone's OBSERVATIONS are the same, but their
interpretations of those observations are often in error.  These two
things are usually tied together so closely in a person's mind that
most people are not even aware of the distinction.  This is a common
problem in any field.

Jim