Re: [T3] Back up light switch ?

This thread is weaving my way.
    I know reverse lights started in '67.  The PO installed "bullet"
light housings on the rear valence of Phillip, but they don't work.  I
traced the wires into the cool air planem and then lost them...  There
is no reverse switch on the tranny.  Any guesses as to how it worked?
Can I install this switch and rewire?  I don't see an opening for a
switch on the stock tranny either.