Re: clock question

Hi Chad,

Here's what I did to my Type 34's clock.  It wasn't running at all, so I
looked at Greg's article on VWType3.org on how to get it going.  After
that, I used contact cleaner (used to be called TV tuner cleaner) and
sprayed the contact with that.  I took out my trusty pocket knife and
roughed up the carbon buildup on the contacts.  I bet a real fine emery
board would work nicely.  Actually, my clock was very clean inside.  I
don't know if this is recommended by most, but I used "3 in 1" oil to
lube up the gears.  It runs OK, but slow.  I think it's because I only
have it hooked up to a 6 volt lantern battery (not enough amps).  I
haven't installed it in the car yet because the PO converted it to 12
volts and I don't have a Volt-A-Drop yet.  (any suggestions on resister
size?)

Johnny
'62 Bug
'65 Type 3 Karmann Ghia