Re: tranny swap--making progress!

Greg Merritt wrote:

>         An odd note--I noticed that the hockey stick on me replacement
> tranny (from a Bug) has two dimples in it, not quite 180deg. apart... weird.

Greg,  I noticed this too, on every type one tranny I found..... ( about 10 or
so that I looked at) this is the reason why I pulled the nose cone off of my
type 3 tranny..... I figured it was less of  a hassle than drilling a dimple 180
degrees opposite ( especially with the offset dimple)...... still haven't
figured out why there is that offset dimple, anyone have any idea ??????