Re: Exhaust(ing) Advice needed and other

On Fri, 22 May 1998, John Jaranson wrote:

> single or dual QP header and muffler system.  I am planning
> on buying Gene Berg's T3 system and was wondering if there

	I bought my first Berg exhaust system for T3 right there at the
counter in the Berg shop.  One of the Berg sons told me that I definitely
wanted the single muffler for my stock engine.

> Also, can the Gene Berg full flow oil filter system be
> installed with the engine in the car?  How do you handle

	I would worry first about removing the fan--how are you going to
keep the crank from spinning without the use of a flywheel lock?  Can't
put the car in gear w/ the auto tranny...   Some folks here have had
suggestsions, but it's something to think about.

> until I do a complete rebuild next spring?

	I would wait and do it all at once!

	Hey--you'll have to come down to Ann Arbor for your first test
drive.  Perhaps we can get Dan to join us w/ his Notch... :)

-Greg
'69 & '71 Squarebacks
'63 Beetle