Re: Imagine you have a type III, and you need a NEW ENGINE..

> ...where would you buy it?

I have just purchased an all new long block (Brazilian universal case, new heads,
etc.) from Bernie Bergmann for $1300+.  Like you, I didn't want to spend the
time to "do" an engine.  Also, I didn't want ANY used or reconditioned parts...
everthing had to be ALL NEW.  So, while I could have gotten a cheaper deal, I
am content that in the long run I will come out ahead.

I'll get back to you in, oh, say 6 or 7 years to let you know if I am satisfied
or not.

Phil
dillard@suu.edu