Re: oil pressure or lack there of

Hi there

snip....

> My newly aquired fasty is
> giving me a oil light flicker at idle after a significant drive, more
> than 20 minutes at 70mph.

Do not worry about it. The oil light on my '69 Square also flickers
occasionally at idle after driving for approx the same time at high
speed. As long as it just flickers and goes out as soon as the revs
are increased slightly, everything is fine. What sort of oil do you
use? I have found that multigrade oil tends to do this more that SAE
30 or 40.

Regards

Adriaan Loedolff
'69 Squareback Automatic