Green-light-on saga, chapter 3

For those of you following my oil pressure oddities...

	Another "green light on" instant replay this morning.  Let the car
(basically stock '69 w/ Berg full-flow, pressure relief cover,
smaller-than-HP1 filter) warm up a bit, rolled a couple hundred feet
across the parking lot, and pulled out nice & gently onto to 45mph road.
Green light on, at about the shift into second gear. :(

	I was staring at the damn thing when it went on, as this is the
third time it's happened.  Key off instantly, coast onto a side street.

	My previous hypothesis was that it was the cheap/small oil filters
getting clogged or, more likely, damaged due to cold oil pressure.  But
hey--this one has like 80 miles on it! Come on!  ...and I'd warmed it up,
and it wasn't *that* cold outside.

	In a moment of sheer brilliance (or stupidity--a fine line, and
dependent upon the results) I started the car up (yeah, green light still
on) and stomped on the gas--I dunno, kicked it right up to 3,000rpm or
4,000rpm or whatever.  Oil light out right away!

	O.k.--new theories, anyone?  I've got a dual-relief case; any
probs with the relief plungers/springs?  The Berg pump cover?  I don't get
it.

-Greg
'69 & '71 Squarebacks
'63 Beetle