Re: Various

Re: Der Kleiner Panzers
BoydD=> Der Kleiner Panzers in Arizona

I'm pretty well connected with the VW club scene here, and I've never
heard of this group. If you can give me some more details -- who they
are/were, what they're into, old address, what you're looking for --
I'll see what I can find out.

Re: 72 TIII Notch auto with no reverse
Vic=> I have a 72 Notch auto wihich has suddenly dropped its reverse
=> gear. Appears to engage but nothing happens. All forward gears are

You definitely need someone who knows VW transaxles well, and I imagine
there's at least one guy in your quarter of OZ who can help. I'm no
expert, but since this happened "suddenly," I'd expect that you need an
adjustment or very mild rebuild -- an operation that the proposed
replacement would probably need, too. I'd pass on the backyard mechanics
and look for someone who's over 50 and has been working on VWs for 30
years or more. I wouldn't expect this guy to come cheap, however.

Steven Ayres, Prescott AZ