Oil Cooler woes

Well I just determined the source of my massive oil spotting which started earlier this week. Not the pushrod tube seal I suspected, but the oil cooler.

This is the second oil cooler in 35K miles to spring a leak.

My question to you all is: any past experience/knowledge as to why I am loosing my coolers? Is this a function of crappy parts or too much oil pressure or?? The first one was from Gene Berg and lasted about 9K. This one was from a local supplier - supposedly genuine VW.

This is a '67 FB, stock 1600 DP with dual factory carbs, and stock everything (ok ok I have Berg rocker shafts cuz I got tired of the clips breaking). It is a daily driver - mostly highway in the 55-65MPH range.

I'm off to get another one this week - but I am now wondering if I have another problem that needs to be rectified as well.

Thanks in advance

-Jeff