Re: Dash Pad Replacements - 2 reviews

According to the ads in VW Trends and Hot VWs, the following supply dashpads
for Type 3s:

So.Cal. Imports
62-73 T3: $69.95  +  $3 handling  +  shipping

Pacific Customs Unltd./Moore Racing Team
T3, All Years: $80  +  $5 handling  +  shipping

Kustom 1 Warehouse
T3: $64.95  +  $3 handling  +  shipping

Econo International
OEM Dashes: $60 - $140

What I'd like to know is:
Are these dashes all made by the same company? (I'll do some phoning in a
couple of weeks to find this out if no one else does meanwhile....)
Who made yours, Doug?
It seems that there is only one 'generic' kind made (i.e. '70-'73), is that
true?  But these will still fit the older models?
Has anyone else used any of the other (non- So.Cal.) ones?

WCM also have them listed (for $180) but show them as N/A.
RMMW don't have them listed.

As a footnote, 'handling charges' annoy me incredibly, but seem to be getting
more popular.  I'd rather pay more for the same product from an honest
company.

sonny