Re: Reverse pop out

Here are my thoughts, Michele:

You may have to treat the situation as two different cases: one between
yourself and the check service, and the other between yourself and the
mechanic.

The first priority will be to take the mechanic to a Small Claims Court.  You
will need as much leverage as possible to prove that the mechanic performed a
less-than-satisfactory job for what you had paid for him to get the vehicle
running.  If I understand correctly, the burden of proof lies on both of your
shoulders to prove your cases by providing documentary proof and testimonials.
As the judge was never physically present when you engaged the services of the
mechanic, you will show as much documentation that he ruined the
engine/tranny.  Some suggestions for providing documentation includes (1)
presenting all your receipts to show work which the mechanic claimed was done
by him, (2) taking written quotations from other reputable mechanics who can
verify that the problem which you sought work to be done by the mechanic still
exists, etc.  The judge needs to see the 'before and now' perspective of the
case in order to make a valid (and hopefully) wise decision in your favour.

Say, after you win the case, you can take a written statement (or some
documentation verifying that you won your case against the mechanic) from the
court plus the money awarded by the court to present to the Check Gurantee
service and pay them.  Since you have documentation from the court, you may be
able to initiate the clearing of the negative information in your credit
report with or wthout the help of the check service.  I have the address of
the 3 major credit reporting agencies if you need them.

I hope the information helps and that it is not redundant.  I am not an
attorney, but this is the process I would take if I were in your shoes.  Good
luck!

Andrew
1971 f.i. auto Fastback 'Grandmama'