Re: single carb set up

Hey James and Toby, I'll take care of the slapping around if James is on
the east coast.  Seriously, if the alleged single carburetor setup deals
with one of the Holley-Weber "bug spray" progressive carbs, DON'T DO
IT!!!!  Maybe I should repeat that:  DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!  RUN AWAY!!! RUN
AWAY!!!!  I have the misfortune of having a zooper beetle with one of
those evil things on it, and it runs so poorly (even after I was able to
improve the way it runs) below 3000 RPM that my clutch is probably not
going to last long because I've got to rev the engine to get away from a
stop smoothly.  Why don't I fix it?  Because I know it's only a
temporary beater, and I've got 2 wonderfully fuel injected type III's
that will run smooth as glass all day long.  Try this as a test, also -
put a 6-pack of sodas (or beer) in bottles on top of your engine cover
for a week or so, and then use your car as you normally would.  That
"little" intrusion into your cargo space (of the carb cover) will soon
reveal itself to be a huge pain in the butt, IMO.  BTW, Toby has a fuel
injection tester and some good knowledge on the west coast, Keith Park
and myself have north and south of the east coast covered, and I think
we can account for most of everything in between with the rest of the
list.  Fixing the fuel injection will be a lot easier that dealing with
the carburetor.

Jake Kooser