T3: Re: New Bug

GusG=> I just got my first look at the 'new' bug.
    => It was on the side of the highway after being pulled over by a cop.

Good start!

May I be the first on this list to say that I think this New Beetle
business is a load of hooey? It's a Neon squashed onto a Golf frame,
with all the same features that make me never want to buy a new car
again. No, thanks!

The Arizona clubs have been getting a lot of attention from VW dealers
this year so we'll help them promote the NB. I don't think any of us are
laboring under the illusion that this is a new long-term relationship --
we have to plan on those dealers disappearing from the old-car scene
again as soon as the campaign ends. They're doing well out of us, I
gather -- we hear that the sponsoring dealership at Phoenix Bug-O-Rama
sold 50 cars at the show, that's $25K in nonrefundable deposits in one
afternoon. Not bad!

Steven Ayres, Prescott AZ
'66 KGhia 1600  that I really should be working on right now ...