T3: Re: VW Cylinder Paste?

I checked on this when I first got my square, the parts guy at the VW
dealer didn't know what I was talking about, had to show him the
Bentley book.  He was able to track it down, it was like $78 for a 100
gram tube for the factory stuff.  Since this was more than two brake
drums, shoes, emergency cables and brake cylinders cost combined at
the time, I thought I could make do with brake fluid for assembly
lube.  So the stuff does exist, just costs too much to use, at least
at that time(7 years back).