Re: Alternator

On 18-Mar-98, Shawn Albertin wrote:
>Why can't we get a part number from a South American Listee, so we all can
>reap the Benefits.???

>I have a friend whom works at the local VW Parts Place, he says to get a
>number and he can get the part.  LMK
>Shawn & Lisa Albertin

The Brazilian SP2 -- which uses the type 3 engine ( stock 1700cc) uses an
alternator.

Really?  What brand/model of alt?  Is it available in the US?

Scott

The alternator is a Bosch (Brazilian) and I've got the part number somewhere,
if anyone really wants it, I could look through my old e-mails and try and
find it but,unfortunately, as it's no longer available according to my
Brazilian source, the part No. won't do much good - Pity as it was a better
fit than the T1 alternator, you don't have to cut any engine tin to get it to
fit.

Andy - Oz T3 Register.