T3: Pressure sensor

Hi All,
Im having slight 'bucking' or 'hesitation' while accelerating, and i
little off felling while cruising. Gas mileage is down somewhat.
I checked throttle switch and its making clicking sounds, plus it hasnt
moved in the ten years i have had the car.
I took out the pressure sensor and checked the ohms, both windings are
very close to specs. I dont know how to test the little rod thingy inside.
Am i barking up the wrong tree?
Help in Maryland.
John 71 Fastback