T3: RE: D-Jetronic FI

The Porsche 914 came in the following displacements: 1.7L, 1.8L, and
2.0L.
The 1.7L and 2.0L were the D-jet system while the 1.8L used the L-Jet
system.  All Porsche 914-4 vehicles (which is what we are concerned
with)
used the VW Type IV engine while the Porsche 914-6 used a pure Porsche
911
(six-cylinder) powerplant.

The Type III vehicles were only one displacement, 1.6L, and used the
D-jet
system.  They also used a derivative of the Type I engine, the Type III
as
we know it.

I'm guessing that most components will not be interchangeable because of

engine and displacement differences.  The FI system designation, *I
believe*, is used for describing a certain "system" of metering fuel.
Small changes will be made for displacement, metering equipment and
metering equipment fittings for whatever vehicle it is to be used on
i.e.
it's not a "one size fits all" system.

Anyone care to comment on my last paragraph?
    Toby Erkson
    '72 VW Squareback 1.6L bored and stroked to 2.0L
    '75 Porsche 914 1.8L, ORPCA member