T3: Camping in a T-3

Hello All,

It is quite a coincidence that camping in a T-3 has come up.  Just
yesterday I purchased several old magazines dealing with VW's.  2 in
particular are the '70 & '71 issues of "Volkswagen Owner's Annual."  In
one of the issues it outlined how a guy transformed the back of his
squareback and made a camper out of it.  He romove the upper and lower
rear seat and made a platform.  With plywood, he built some shelves and
a place to put his colman stove.  At night they would remove the seats,
install them backwards, and this provided chairs for them to eat off the
platform.  It was really quite ingenious.  This guy and his wife
traveled for a month in Europe and North Africa with this set up.  If
there is interest, when the articles section of our web site is up and
going, I will see if we can post it there somehow.

Charlie
'67 Square