T3: Re: Trip to Mexico

> I'm going down to Mexico, and i think i'll be driving all the way
> down to Mexico City from these cold lands of the state of Vermont.

Charles, that's great!!!  I myself am planning a two-or-three week trip to
the San Miguel de Allende area (a little northish of Mexico city) this summer.

> If so, is there anyone in the points in between Vermont and my
> destination who would be interested in allowing a Fastback owner
> to crash in the living room for a night?

Uh, if you mean "crash" as in "crash your Fastback into my TV set", I dunno.
But otherwise, sure!  It would be my absolute pleasure.

I live in Cedar City, Utah ("Color Country"), just north of Zion National Park and
also close to so many eye-popping scenic wonders that, if you come thru here, you
may never make it all the way to Mexico.  Oh what marvels I could direct you to.
And we are not far from that center for culture and learning, Las Vegas, and the
even more famous Pahrump.

Seriously, I would be proud all over to share information with you, to try to
convince you to come down I-95 thru Cedar City, and to offer hospitality and swap
lies/whoppers about Type IIIs.

Let me hear from you.  I will direct future correspondence to you personally, but I
wanted the subscribers to think about this....imagine, someday...a CONVOY of Type IIIs into
Mexico.  Even Hernan Cortez's entry in Mexico could not be more spectacular than that.

Ah, poor Mexico...so far from God and so close to the U.S.A.

Incidentally, my wife and I tent-camped out of a Fastback for two weeks down deep in
Mexico a few years ago.  What an experience!  And I have a bunch of stories to tell you
about vehicle repairs in Mexico (no one has any Type III parts there).

Don't get me started, Charles, about the joys of visiting Mexico unless you want your
ears talked off!  YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!

More later...

Phil
dillard@suu.edu

"If all the world is a stage, then where does the audience sit?"