T3: General SOS :( - a plea for help

My '69 AT FI Fastback  was sick, we thought we had made it
well....now it's just died altogether...and if we can't fix it...I
have to try to find the money to get a new car (gulp).

Before we had had problems with tempurature sensor II, but we fixed
that....now it's tempurature sensor I that is giving us the infinity
reading...and when we checked the wiring, it gave us an infinity
reading too...but the wire that sticks out of the harness is
complete, which means the break is somewhere inside the harness, and
I don't know how to tackle that sort of problem.  But we're concerned
that that's not all of the VW's problems...can tempurature sensor I
be responsible for the car not starting?

Paul is worried that my car's brain died.....is there any way to test
the brain?  Is there anyone in Southern California I can seek help
from?  :(

Becky
(afraid of having to buy a new car and store the VW)