T3: Re: Alternator

>Do they make an alternator for type III's . or does anyone know of a
>conversion kit for this. I have a 1966 Glitter Bug that runs a type III and
>want to put a alternator on it.

>JLostumbo <JLostumbo@aol.com>

Let me get this straight...

You have a Type 1 Beetle that is running a Type Three motor in it???

How is this possible?  Is it a Baja body style?
The engine should not fit the engine bay of a Type 1 Beetle sedan body.

There was never a VW  alternator to fit type 3.

Although I have heard of people fitting a Type 1 Alternator  to a T-3 Motor
before, I just don't know what is involved.

Anyone on the list know???

Big Al
"classifieds@vwtype3.org"