T3: Re: Turn signal

>Al
>
>Well, now.  In my hand, as I type - 311 953 503 - larger mounting hole, dual
>contacts.  Buy the way, this is the one that will fit on a T34, but you
>have to
>shorten the steering shaft.

Interesting, my book does not mention that number, I'll have to check with
the No Longer Available list to see what is mentioned.

>Shouldn't the parts book show several letter variants for the colors in 1966?

Not really, the parts list only had a (xxx) code after the part number, so
ON the part they may not exist?  My parts list does not list colors
available, but doesn't specify what color it actually  is.  My list goes
through 1969.

It also does not specify the colored dashes used. It only says to use 311
857 641 B (041), which we know is black.  It does not mention the colors, I
assume, because they are no longer available (in '69) and to use this
number instead.  Which is why I take it that your number is a previous
version and the part numbers I have replaced it.  On replacement parts, the
book would usually say if the part had to be modified for use on other or
older  cars. It did not mention this on the turn signal lever.

There is a similar one on my T34, thin collar. I have a correct replacement
for it when the restoration truly gets underway.  When I received the car,
the side markers were disconnected from the electrical system. I connected
the wires and used them for turn signals (before I learned of their proper
use) untill I stored it pending restoration.

If this one you mention is one that will fit and function on a t-34
(although not look correct), it must have come from the Notch or Square, so
they cross over (fit and operate), it's just that the side markers won't
work as originally intended, but the high beams would work correctly as
would the turn signal lamps, right?

For  Allison's '62, getting it to work at all is better than not being able
to pass inspection.  This is what I was helping her achieve.  I'm not even
sure she HAS side markers...

I would rather her get the '62 legal without the ability of using the side
markers, than have the sidemarkers and have to add a FLAPS's aftermarket
button and some creative wiring  to use the high beams.

I'm sure you would agree.  : )

Big Al