T3: Subframe, I saw one

a shop is using for the basis of a auto tranny
VW trike.  Remainder free for the taking after removal.

I dropped by last night, as I have a found a
potential taker for the free car.  I wanted to see
what their timetable for removal was.  Well the
deed has already been done.

They unbolted the subframe, and did NOT use
a torch as I had feared.  Whew!

The subframe was laying on top of the tubular
frame they built.  The subframe consisted of
the torsion tube, and arms out to the rear wheels.
The CV connection seemed to be the only point
of contact to the transmission.

There were no obvious provisions for mounting
the transmission.  The pan must be the primary
support for the transmission.

Best guess would be that removing the subframe
with tranny and engine still attached would result
in a floppy unit, not at all recommended.

I just saw two bolt holes to connect the subframe
to the pan.  There's gotta be a couple other.
Probably out near the end of the torsion tube.

Jeff