T3: Re: lowering

> I am currenly running 14" 195 buggy rims/tires (6j) in the front and
> standard 165 in the back. It looks funny but it works fine untill I
> sort out my sagging butt (Quassie's backend not mine!!) I would still
> like to know if gas-shocks would lift the back by 10cm ?
>
> Renier

	Also for lowering the T3 front end try Sept. '92 backissue of Hot VW's.
Photo's and your basic skimpy editorials.
	My solution to the saggy butt syndrome was to lower the front a notch
to match.  It has been several months now, and I am still getting used
to how it rides.  I didn't need any special changes to shocks, tires
etc.
	I wouldn't call the new ride plush.  The rear torsion bar is old and
tired, and the front only has a couple inches of travel before it hits
the bottom out bumper.  The only time this is a noticable issue is for
potholes or other really big stuff.  Also, the steering is a little
different.  It's hard to tell for sure, but I think it tends to
"wander"  about?  The above said, I think it handles better than before
(remember it had a saggy butt).  The weight is now balanced, and it
corners very nicely.  It also has that "look", its very subtle, but *I*
can tell.
	One of these days (when Phillip gets the full resto!?) I will probably
buy new rear torsion bars and bring it all back to stock...

Peter Parker
'66 Square; Phillip
Portland, OR