Subject: Plans for Fastback
Author:  Schmitt@aerovironment.com [SMTP:Schmitt@aerovironment.com]  at
MSXGATE
Date:    3/9/98 3:03 PM

I suppose its time to come clean with what Plan A is for the '71
Fastback I
recently purchased, despite the potentials for flames and "how could
you"s.

Over the past several years I have been very much into electric
vehicles. A
couple of years ago as a summer project bankrolled by my parents, I
bought a
VERY beat up 1978 Honda Accord (interestingly, it, too, cost $250). I
fitted it
with a 8" (diameter) DC motor, 18 8 volt golf-cart batteries, and a 72
kW (about
96 HP) controller. Performance was good, but I felt kind of bad putting
these
shiny, new (expensive) components into the POS that this car was...