From: Jake Kooser [SMTP:jake_k@ibm.net]
Sent: Monday, March 09, 1998 4:22 AM
To: type-3@umich.edu [SMTP:type-3@umich.edu]
Subject: Re: Fool Injection...

...It has an
1835cc engine and I will be trying to use the larger injectors from a
914 to match the larger displacement.  Porsche used the d-jetronic on
the 914's up to 2.0 liters (somebody correct me?), so it should be able
to work with larger engines if configured with the proper parts from a
914.

--Correct.  Just remember that the 1.8L used the L-jetronic system.  It is
considered better than the D-jet system but also a little more touchy
(susceptible to vacuum leaks).

...Other potential problems
may be the connector for the ECU itself, and the factory diagnostic
connector.  Any ideas?  My squareback should be back from the body shop
later this month (FINALLY!), and the first wiring harness available will
probably be an engine wiring harness for '71 squarebacks.

--I don't understand your concern with the "factory diagnostic connector".

--I now have the official Volkswagenwek AG booklet for troubleshooting the Type
3 and Type4 D-jetronic fuel injection systems (MPC, or Manifold Pressure
Controlled).  Aside from troubleshooting stuff it also contains wiring diagrams.
 I will try to scan the booklet and post the information when I can and I will
notify the list when I do.