T3: list/web update

Hi folks,

	To bring everyone up to date...

	Today our presence provider for vwtype3.org said that they have
chosen SmartList as the software that they're going to use to replace
majordomo, and gave a timeline of about 2 weeks.  (The list @vwtype3.org is
down, and we're using the old type-3@umich.edu in the meantime--and we're
not being billed for usage of vwtype3.org until the new-new list is up.
Note, however, that you can still subscribe to the digest by sending the
message  " subscribe type3-digest "  to majordomo@vwtype3.org .   I'm also
sporadically posting list messages on the web site.)

	I've got the events bulletin boards working; now I've got to get
them all looking like the rest of the site, and not like their demo
configuration.  Not terribly difficult, but it'll take a little time.  I
hope to complete that this weekend.

	I'm eager to get into digitizing more raw content for the site, but
there are some odds & ends (like completing the old list archives and
polishing the "scrapbook") that should get done first.  Also--are folks
interested in "real-time" Type III web chats?  I don't find myself using
such things personally, but if folks are interested, I'll put that on my
list!

-Greg
'69 & '71 Squarebacks
'63 Beetle