T3: Just when I thought I knew T3's...

A euro Notch comes along and makes an Ass out of me.

Ok.. its a 69 Notch and all the chassis and body vin's add up. Lowbacks
with a white cloth cover (look orig) small armrests up front and NO armrests
in back.  Wraparound lights in front and wraparound reflectors in rear...

IRS.. Factory dual Carbs.. no rear bumpermount reinforcements.

All this I can take.. but when I opened the doors I went "NO WAY!!"

It had the early 3 bolt hinges!! with the late 1 peice door seals and a bastard
rocker that was a combination of the early door pillars for the hinges and the
shorter outer cover of the late rockers..

Apparently VW didn't bother to update things for their other markets on the
Notches as NONE were planned for the US but does ANYONE have a 69 or earlier
Notch with the 2 screw hinges??

This car belongs to a local guy who's gonna rustore it.

I cant keep all this straight in my head anymore..  We gotta start documenting..

Keith
parkkj@crd.ge.com