RE: Parts suppliers.

It's not just your particular vehicle.
MANY vendors don't have a clue, they just
go by the books in front of them.  Many vehicles
have been altered by DPO's, and since
there were variations within a given year, what
you actually have may be different than what
the standard books show.   The vendor could be
correct and provide exactly what was in the book.

Be sure to deal with a vendor that will accept
returns graciously.  Be exacting in ordering,
provide enough information to make sure that
they know exactly what you need.

I have  '64 Ford F100 Crewcab.  Ford didn't start
making crews until '65 and even then it was only
F250's & F350's.  They never made an F100 Crew,
so for every part I buy I have to be very precise as
to what I want, for it won't be in nyone's their books, period.

But then again, that's part of the 'fun', the challenge of
getting what you need. (I know, I'd rather be have my
'fun' driving instead too)

The 'best' way to do it is to remove the part, walk in,
and say "I want one of those, but in better condition".
But I recognize that it's impractical if there are no
good suppliers nearby, but establishing a rapport with
a local supplier can reap tremendous benefits.

Ask for recommendations in your particular area.

- Jeff   Iwanna21/23windowsunroofDeluxewalkthru!
to be used for daily driving
'80 Westi  (2)   BOTH FOR SALE
'66 Bus, Kombi FOR SALE
'22 Piano, upright Kohler & Cambell FOR SALE
'67 Sqbk    '64 Ford Crewcab
'87 Subaru 4WD   '97 Nissan Quest
Grass Valley, California, USA
Jeffrey.Carver@Aerojet.com
- - - - - - - - -snip - - - - - - - -

I love my Notch.
I have had it a while now.  But I only once drove it to the end
of the block and back.  I can never get it to run.
No gas.  DPO put a rubber hose from tank to fuel pump.
Never any gas in the filter.  Tank half full.

I am still having parts problems.
My order from RMMW came today.
I was assured all the parts are correct for my 1965 Notch.
The master cylinder they sent me is a dual.
I have one like I have never seen.
No plug in hose for the reservoir to master.
Mine has a metal line with a screw in fitting.
One brake light switch on the very end of the master cylinder.
I removed the metal shield under the car and I have three outlets
on the end near the lone brake light switch.
Looking at it from where the gas tank goes.
I have a fitting at 5,6,and 7   O:Clock.
One  on top from filler.
And one for the light switch on the end.
Where do I get this one.
I'm getting tired of ordering them and waiting for the wrong one.
Now I don't trust the Brake hoses I bought.
111 and 211 part numbers.  What about 311?
Why can't I find parts with 311 on them?
As much as I love my Notch Schmoopie.
I am thinking of swapping for a crew cab or Beetle.
At least then the right parts come when you order.
I spend $221 today on brake parts.
Still can't drive my Volkswagen:(

Chris in San Diego...  N.O.N.A #10124