Re: Fuse Problems - 71 Sqrbk

Richard Spryer wrote:
> However, I think I might have another problem somewhere...
> With the ignition key turned to the first position and the lights off,
> the left turn signal flashes at a normal rate. But the right turn > signal
> flashes at a much higher rate. And when I put the lights on (either
> parking or full), the right signal just stays on - no flash. The left
> signal still flashes normally. (snip)
> Thanks,
>
> Richard
>  '71 Squareback (on the mend)
Richard, Do the turn signals flash at all outside the car? The relay is
set up so that the voltage that lights the bulb in turn opens the relay
which causes the relay to close which sends voltage to the bulb, which
in turn opens the relay...or something to that effect. AAR, the whole
sheebang works on a quality grounds all around. Any corrosion on the
bulb base, or socket, or the assembly to fender attachment will cause
the flasher to "go fast" or not flash at all. Whenever I have an
intermittent flasher problem, I put the 4-way flashers on, and start
poking and prodding with a little emery cloth and a pencil eraser and
usually (*usually*) you can get things back in working order. As for the
ground strap, when in doubt-throw it out! Get another, it's cheap
insurance.
David Walters
'73 1600 L Notchback (with more than it's share of problems)
S. FL, USA