T3: FI and Engine Displacements

Dear All:

   As I a getting closer to ordering my rebuilt engine for the
  70' Sqaure I was wondering if anybody out in T-3 land is running
  a 1641cc engine with the stock Jetronic-D fuel injections system?

  If so, I have a few questions:

  Does the 1641 provide a noticable boost in power?

  How much of a boost (65 HP vs 75 HP?)

  What happens to the fuel economy (2-3 mpg drop or greater?)

  The type of driving I intend on doing will be mainly around
  town, year round with 25-30 mile trips on the freeway at
  70 mph in temps below 85 F.

  Anybody ever done this?  What were your experiences?

  Thanks in advance.....

  Allen Moore
  concept@compassnet.com
  70' Squareback