T3: Shoot me now :(

Well, on Saturday, after picking up a friend at the Portland International
Airport I decided to ram my Porsche into the stone wall just beyond the
parking toll booths.  Let me tell you, seat belts and crush zones work.  We
weren't even scratched or whiplashed.  In fact, from the windshield back
you would have never know the car was totaled!

After that, on Monday, I had to put down my cat (well, the family's cat),
Scamper, at the ripe old age of 20 years, 9 months.  It felt like I was
euthanasing a brother -- I literally grew up with him.

So now it's just me and my Squareback.  One of my projects is to refurbish
the gas tank breathing system and patch the holes from my oil filter
upgrade (GB full flow system).

Another one is installing the BN2 gas heater I just received from Wojciech.
 The thing is I would rather set it up in such a way that all the cabin
heat doesn't just dump on me but rather through the stock heater ducts.
This way *real* heat can go to the back, the front feet and the front
defroster ducts.  Any one have any ideas on doing this?  The dimensions:
466mm x 202mm x 125mm.  The U-joint is 100mm (measured from base of U to
the top).  It only has one U-joint but I could have another made if needed.
 The unit does just fit under the back left seat without the U-joint
attached.  Normally the unit is mounted in the front trunk on the left
fender side.  I'm not familiar with the available space in the shift tunnel
but I could possibly put the heat output pipe funneled into there and have
it split under the back seat and patch to the stock system.  Putting a
flapper in there to keep the gas heat moving up in the system and not back
into the stock heat exchangers (similar to a Type IV system).

Any ideas?
    Toby "Life can't get any worse?  Just try me..." Erkson
    air_cooled_nut@pobox.com  <-- Please use this address for email responses
    '72 VW Squareback 1.6L bored and stroked to 2.0L
    '75 Porsche 914 1.8L, ORPCA member