Re: [T3] oil sump heater

My '71 came out of Nebraska, had some major salt damage.  I think
you'll find if you pull the front fenders, that the upper rear portion
is mostly eaten and/or has about 50 lbs of road in there.  I filled 3
shopping bags full of stuff that I thumped out of there.  Needless to
say, there was major penetration all along the rear of those fenders,
big holes in the upper rear, right where the fuse box is on one side
and the filler flap handle is on the other.  You're going to have to
pull your fenders and get that fixed before you get into winter, I'm
afraid.  Now that mine's water-tight, I hose that area out
religiously, also it helps they don't use salt in the Denver area,
just gravel that eats your windshield.