Re: Warning buzzer

> Thanks for all the advice regarding my warning buzzer that sounded when
> the car was in gear.  Disconnecting the white plug underneath the
> passenger seat did the trick.  That also explains why the buzzer only
> sounded when there was a passenger or another weight of some sort on the
> seat.  Would the buzzer not sound if the seat belt was connected?  And why
> would it sound only when in gear?  Just a thought.

The white connector leads to a weight sensor in the pass seat.  If
there is weight (a passenger?) there then it expects the seat belt to
be fastened if the car is in gear.  VW actually did the logic pretty
well on these.  Of course you still have to put on the seat belt when
the "passenger" is a bag of groceries.  ;-)

Jim