Ajusting brakes

Hi there T3 land. I will be adjusting the brakes on my 72 Square and I was
wondering why there are two stars/wheel. Dose this mean that each star is
used to adjust each shoe independently of the other. Or is it simple and I am
just thinking too much ( both stars do the same thing).

     o            o            o            o            o            o
   O   O        O   O        O   O        O   O        O   O        O   O
  O  W  O      O  O  O      O  J  O      O  T  O      O  E  O      O  K  O
   O   O        O   O        O   O        O   O        O   O        O   O
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO