Alloy Wheels

I am thinking of fitting a set of 17inch alloys to my 72 IRS Fastback and
wanted to know which tyre size I should get so the circumference of the
wheels remains stock, so as not to affect gearing and engine cooling etc.

I also would like to know the maximum width of the wheels that would fit
under the wings with a 2" drop at the front and a 2 spline drop at the rear.

Thanx

Damo