'66 engine repairs

Just a quick update on the situation with Wilson's '66 squareback.  I
answered my own question at to the rear mount - I think lightning toasted my
modem somehow, so I'm back on my laptop.  What that has to do with it is
that I just went over to Wilson's house and pulled the engine without
reading anyone's responses to my questions - I was surprised at how easy it
was to do compared to my 2 later model cars.  Anyhoo, I tossed the engine in
the trusty zooper beetle back seat area and brought it over to my
house/garage/fuel injection pseudo test lab, where it will be cleaned and
stripped down tomorrow for the transplant.  I didn't get many opinions on
the compatability of the camshaft between the '73 and '66, so I just plan on
winging it, unless someone stops me.  Stay tuned tomorrow evening, and find
out what was causing the mysterious noises from inside the case....

Jake Kooser