Re: D-Jetronic

OK Jim. No fair. How do you tell an "A" brain from a "B"?

Steve B.
-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Adney <jadney@vwtype3.org>
To: type3@vwtype3.org <type3@vwtype3.org>
Date: Friday, June 26, 1998 12:03 AM
Subject: Re: D-Jetronic

> Couldn't he just look at the VW part number on the ECU, paying particular
> attention to the final letter in the part number.  Muir does have a good
> writeup of what ECUs are interchangeable given this final letter...

There is only one really good substitution:  A "B" brain is a good
replacement  for an "A" brain; an upgrade actually.  Everything else
should really be kept as it was unless you want to get into a lot of
detail and changing of other parts.

Yes, I know that you can do others and the car will run.  I just
don't recommend it.  There are drawbacks to all of them.

Jim