Re: type 3 master cylinder

>> i have a 66 notchback and the master cylinder needs to be replaced. i
>> ordered one and it is a dual circuit. all the books i have say it's a
>> dual circuit but the one on the car is a single circuit.
>> any help?
>
>66 was originally a single circuit system, dual started in 67.  Your
>system could be upgraded pretty easily, and it would be worthwhile to
>do.

                Im in the midst of doing this....and more. I've switched
                the front drum set-up with a late model square disk set-up.
                Got all the necessary parts off the donor square, plus a
                new german MC, new rotors, disks...etc.
                So far its been relatively easy.....except for removing
                the steering arns off of the tie-rod ends. Any easy tips???
                I mounted the dual resevoir where the single one goes,
                without busting the bracket off.......now for the gas tank!!
                Now I have 4 bolts in the front, and 5 bolts in the back.
                Oh well.....at least I'll be able to drive her(I hope)
                when all this is done.

Chad

                ****Sorry Jim A.,this was supposed to go to the list****