Another Pressure Sensor Problem??

Hello all.  Quick hopefully easy(?) question.  I have a 73 Fastback
automatic with FI.  The engine is from a 71 Square (RIP).  The ECU is
it's original.  The throttle valve switch was changed to the 73 model
(extra pin?) and I have a 73 Pressure Sensor.  Now the question.  When
the 71 engine was installed it used a Pressure Sensor from a 68-69
model, only thing is if I test the pins like the Idiot manual says it
shows that two of them are shorted out.  I've been running this Sensor
for two years, it seems rather slow compared to my Beetle.  I purchased
a used 73 Pressure Sensor and installed it but it makes the car stall at
idle.  I tested it and it shows that everything electrically is fine.  I
prefer to keep the 73 Sensor if possible.  I also have the original ECU
for the 71 engine, should I swap the ECU's????  Thanks.

Larry D. Adkins

73 Fastback
74 Super Beetle
89 Vanagon Wolfsburg Edition