Re: sluggish speedo

> Jim Adney wrote:
> >
> (snip)
> > > send it off for a rebuild (VDO/Yashika USA, overpriced in my opinion).
> >
> > How much?
> To be honest, this was +10 years ago when there was no such thing as
> Type III websites, I did all the communication by phone and snail mail.
> I don't have any receipts left from VDO, but if memory serves me, it was
> in the neighborhood of $150

Yikes!  My price has been about $40 for over a decade.  I probably
can't match their cosmetic results since I don't have access to new
parts, but if you have a functional problem, I have yet to fail at
this price.  Of course there's always a first time, but if I fail,
there's no charge.

> > > turns over so that the number is above and below and the spaces are
> > > displayed on the last digit.
> > This is just poor workmanship in the rebuild..
> Caveat emptor. Mea culpa.

You're the buyer, but the guilt is theirs.

> > Don't use oil.  It won't stay around long enough to be useful in any
> > realistic long term.  Use a good quality light grease, but don't
> > overdo it.
>  Another good tip. Thanks again, Jim. The '73 is officially off the
> road, un-registered as of last week. With a little cleaning up, the
> garage will have enough room to fit her, then it's time for the Final
> Restoration (cue dramatic music, fade to black...)

Good luck, keep us posted.

Jim