D-Jetronic

> I think Muir has a section on this, and all D-Jet ECUs are not the
> same...some have provisions for the head temp sensor,

All ECU yesrs had circuitry for the head temp sensor

 others have
> provisions for the 5th injector, etc.

Even for the cars that had the 5th injector (aka cold start valve),
the circuitry never went through the ECU

  The components that all the FIU
> engines had were not necessarily the same through the years, either, so the
> ECUs changes to make up for the differences.

Right

  Check Muir for a complete
> description (because I think a few were interchangeable).

Muir is probably one of the worst sources of good info on the FI.  It
IS fun to read however.  Very few ECUs are good interchanges, but
most people won't know the difference.

Jim