Re: Shipping stuff

Engines are usually shipped on small wooden pallets, bolted or
strapped down with heavy poly wrap covering, at least ones I've seen
come into VW shops have been shipped that way.  I've seen fenders
stuck into heavy multi-ply cardboard boxes, sometimes with wood lath
reinforcing stapled/glued on the outside.  I used to do some traveling
by Greyhound  bus in my student days, a lot of car body parts like
hoods and fenders were shipped to smaller towns via Greyhound where
the larger trucking companies simply didn't go.  No such thing as
over-size UPS shipping in those days.  I imagine that Greyhound still
does that, not sure as to rates and you have to go pick the stuff up,
but it is another alternative for heavy/bulky shipments.  Usually 2-3
day delivery from what I remember, depending on distance.  If it fits
under the bus, they'll take it.