Re: attn universal case users

> > The only case I've ever seen that had a T1 dipstick tube added to it was
> > much longer than a standard one and used a special dipstick. Maybe thats
> > what it had.
>
> It looks like something like that must be going on.  Where does one
> get this special dipstick?  Is it a VW part?  That seems like a
> rather cruel joke to play on the person that buys the converted case.
>
> Jim

About that "special dipstick"...  I am currently running an 1835 type I
motor (not a univeral case) and there by have to use the T1 dipstick
tube.  I haven't had any problems (I use the oil breather to fill it
and  a long dipstick (from Bugpack or something) and it clears the tin
just fine.

John C
66 squareback