RE: Deathrust ?sss

I would walk away.  You are just seeing the outer rust and I'm willing to
bet
there's even more that can't easily be captured through the camera.  If you
keep
it don't even worry about restoring it, use it as a custom.

If you have the time I recommend you immediately start stopping the rust.
Grab
some sandpaper, a grinder, wire brushes, screwdriver -- what ever it takes
--
and some rust conversion paint and STOP THE RUST!  Any metal that is ravaged
by
rust just break off.  You want to stop the rust from *advancing* so be sure
scrub and cover the area surrounding the rust.  Pull paneling back, remove
old
and worn padding (since it traps moisture) and really investigate the whole
metal structure.  I had some rust in my baby and, even though I really
didn't
want to, I scrubbed the whole cargo area and painted it to keep the rust
from
continuing (http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/1641/, see blurb
about
Corroless).  After you stop all the rust you will then have a good
indication on
whether you want to keep it and if so where the work needs to begin.
   Toby Erkson
   '75 Porsche 914 1.8L, ORPCA member