A coil is a coil is a coil?

        Don't know  much as the 'lectronic sages,
        Look at the pick-churs and turn the pages... (hum along if
              you want)

Lookin' thru the VW mags I see lotsa ads for "hot" coils....usually
blue, fuscous, puce or something like that... that put out bazillions
of jellywatts of spark, thereby turning your T3 into SuperCar (or, in
my case,  maybe more like the telephone booth...).

AOTBE, on a rather stock engine  with twin carbs, 009 dizzy, and
Pertronics rotorooter;  would one observe any significant gain from
bolting on one of these hot coils?  If so, what kind of gain?

Or, would I have to be content with the "I own a hot coil" look of
smugness on my face?

All free advice gratuitously accepted.

Best...

Phil