RE: attn universal case users

>From Jim Adney:

> Where does one get this special dipstick?

If I am tuned in correctly, the item being discussed is an oil temperature
dipstick which can be purchased from Gene Berg (the company, not the spirit).

It is an easy-to-install thingy that hooks up a single wire to the
oil temp terminal on your engine. As the dipstick gets hotter, part of it rotates
until making contact with (? -- I forget what) and causes your oil light to flicker,
then burn bright, when the oil gets above 220 or 225 degress F.

I had one on a '71 Type II van...and loved the device.  It seems to me to be the
cheapest and simplest way to keep tabs on oil temp.  The first day I installed it,
the thing showed my engine was running hot....I adjusted the timing and fixed the
problem.

Haven't tried one on my T3, although I do have a universal case.

The part from Gene Berg enterprises is GB 227 and sells for $10.10.

Phil
dillard@suu.edu